Monday, January 11, 2010

Moody Monday 11/365

School's back in. I'm trying to get caught up on laundry & all of the other things that came undone over our long weekend. Feeling kinda blue-sy though. No particular reason why...just blah feeling. I think if it's not going to snow, I need warm weather. *LOL* It is getting warmer & they say by the end of this week, we'll be up to the mid-50's so maybe that'll get me out of my funk.

Mammaw's sewing machine 11/365Playing around w/ macro today...that always helps when I'm feeling down. This is my grandmother's sewing machine. She gave it to me when Nathan was little so, maybe 14 years ago. She told me I could make the boys' winter coats. :O Bless her!

I love having it. She died about 7 years ago so it's one of my treasures. She was a quilter so she used it quite a bit to put her quilt tops together. And she made Barbie clothes for my dolls with it when I was little. I've used it for crafty things but I do NOT like making clothes. I've attempted several times but the sessions usually end up w/ me saying some not very nice words & threatening to throw my beloved sewing machine out the window. But, every now & then, I get a yearning to use it so I do some little project & that satisfies me for a while.

Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the macro. I need to get a macro lens and try this. Good luck on the 365. I'm doing one as well, should be fun and challenging. :) www.sherylsproject365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!