Saturday, January 9, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! 9/365

I wish. We are getting nice, big, fluffy flurries today though. I went out to the mailbox and noticed that they are pretty ones and that they are landing on the cars and not evaporating so I seized my chance to attempt some snowflake macros. Lessons learned- use a tripod for macros (which I knew, I was just being lazy) because I am sooo not steady! The depth of field was so shallow, it was difficult getting an entire flake in focus so I should probably close my aperture down some. Here are a few that I think turned out ok. Yeah, I know there's always room for improvement. :)
There's more on my Flickr if you want to peek.

Lacey

Flower girl

Snowflake macro 2

Snowflake 5

Snowflake macro 7

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand ... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!