Friday, February 19, 2010

50/365 Mandarin Love

The "words" theme is proving difficult. I'm having trouble finding anything inspiring. I think if the weather were warmer & we could head to a town or city & walk around snapping, it'd be a lot easier for me. But, that's not happening & I'll be glad when there's a new theme...no offense to the theme chooser. :)

And the "in the kitchen" theme...I've been on a slight strike lately & my kitchen is a mess. BUT I have a 12 yr old, an 18 yr old & a 22 yr old. I'm NOT washing dishes after them. I cook breakfast & supper, the least they could do is clean up after themselves. They're beginning to get the hint & even had the kitchen spotless on Tuesday. But, it didn't last long & one night of clean does not a happy mama make. And no, having every dish in the house crammed into the dishwasher does not = clean. *LOL* All that rambling to say, I'm having a hard time with this theme too.

I do have another two-fer though, even though it feels way less than creative & kinda blah to me.
We :heart: mandarin oranges. I bought a bag last night and caught a glimpse of them sitting amidst the chaos that is my kitchen and saw the humor in the "delite" in the middle of it all. *L* Better to laugh than cry, right? So, I staged a couple of little orange jewels for today's word/in the kitchen shot.

A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom.

A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. ~Robert Frost

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!