Saturday, March 13, 2010

68-72/365

I think my life is starting to slow down. Mom's doing well and learning to do so much for herself now. She has PT coming to her house 3 days a week. Her dr. seems pleased w/ her progress.

This week's theme is "something old" and here are the rest of my photos for the week.

68/365
My mammaw's china. When we were cleaning out her house so we could move in, we found 2 big boxes full. Never used. No one knew she had it. She did have probably an 8 piece setting of it that she did use for everyday. Knowing her, she kept the other packed away to replace broken ones. I would love to know the story behind how she acquired it. I've researched it and it was made in the late 40's/early 50's...around the time mom was born.

Each violet peeps from its dwelling to gaze at the bright stars above.

Each violet peeps from its dwelling to gaze at the bright stars above.

69/365

My mammaw's earrings.
She gave them to me when I was 16 & I wore them religiously, even though they were clip-ons and did dreadful things to my ears. I was going through my Madonna material girl, rhinestone & lace phase. It tickled her that I loved them so though she had a hard time believing I "actually wore those old things". The doily was made by either she or my great-grandmother. I'm fortunate to have a bag full of these little jewels that they made.

earring2

70/365

This was a ring I wore when I was little. I think it was an Easter gift.

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.

71/365

DH & I are rock hounds. Not so much now as we were when we were younger but we still get out & go for a hike occasionally, looking down for a glimmer of flint all the while. Here are some treasures from our most recent finds.

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

arrowheads

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

72/365

One of Mammaw's old canning jars, filled with her buttons, sitting on one of her doilies with keys that unlock secret places that I've yet to find.

She left pieces of her life behind her everywhere she went.

She left pieces of her life behind her everywhere she went.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!