Sunday, March 7, 2010

66/365 Something old

LOVE this week's theme. Something old. The other group's theme is sun which is good because it has decided to make an appearance this week! Maybe I'll get lots of shots for both.

Today, it's only "old" though.
We live in what was once my grandmother's house, which was built in the late 30's or early 40's. This doorknob is on our bedroom (once was my mom's) door. When I was little, I always thought it was a huge diamond. I'd go into mom's old room, pretending it was a palace (where else would you find a door w/ a diamond for a doorknob), playing dress-up in her old can-can crinoline slips- they make great princess dresses, and snooping around for other "treasures".

I took several shots trying to "get it right" and those can be seen on my flickr but this is my favorite.

doorknob3

What we remember from childhood we remember forever - permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen. ~Cynthia Ozick

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE glass doorknobs. When we put the addition on our house I looked all over old antique stores and flea markets for doorknobs, of course Dean had a HELL of a time getting them on new modern day doors, but I LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!