Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5/365 Gratitude

I've had some rough months recently w/ my olders. My faith was totally shaken and my trust in them diminished. I guess I should mention, in hindsight, it was nothing that was "that bad". They were just making choices that I didn't agree with. I had myself a big ol' pity party and my youngest, bless his heart, tried his best on a daily basis to pull me out of it...which he finally did. :) I finally realized the other 2 are grown. They will make dumb (IMHO) choices and there is not a thing I can do about it but offer advice and pray for them. I still have the youngest to raise and he deserves the same attention the other 2 received.

So, today's resolution is to remember daily to be thankful. I am so grateful that I have good kids...and yes, they are good kids. I see what some of my friends have to deal with with their kids....drugs, teenage pregnancy, etc and see just how blessed I really am.

gratitude 1



2 comments:

  1. Great post! Our lives get so busy it is easy to look past being thankful and just take things for granted. Wonderful resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this post today, Nancy. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!