Sunday, January 2, 2011

2/365 Resolutions/52 Week Challenge Beginnings

Christmas cactus
My Christmas cactus finally bloomed!!
It came from my husband's grandmother. It bloomed shortly after she gave it to me....14 yrs. ago. I've had buds on it but they'd fall off every year. I've almost killed it more than once by setting it outside to give it a cold shock & forgetting to bring it back in. This year, it got buds and I totally expected them to fall off. Well, some of them did but 3 didn't! I got blooms!

And how does this shot fit into my themes?
Resolution because I want to learn to use light more effectively. This is window light. The light was so strong that it made the background go black, effectively blocking out the clutter behind (umm, another resolution that needs to be made).

Beginnings because this it the first of what I hope will be many flower shots this year!

"As long as we are persistent in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time." ~Denis Waitley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!